Tuesday, July 1, 2014

JUNE 2014 FAVORITES

Shows & Movies
Orange is the new Black Season 2- This season did not disappoint. I thought the backstories got even better.
Captain Phillips- Captain Phillips was a nice suspenseful action thriller with just enough violence. I love Tom Hanks and he can do no wrong in my eyes and this movie was no exception. 
22 Jump Street- I thought this movie was way funnier than 21 Jump Street. I didn't like the plot as much but in the moment I was laughing too hard to care. 
How to Train Your Dragon 2- This sequel was awesome! I didn't care for the first movie so on the way to the theater I was campaigning to see Transformers instead. I'm glad I was outvoted because I would have never watched this movie otherwise. It was absolutely hilarious. If you've seen it I connected with Ruffnut on a spiritual level. If not go watch it in 3D now!
Apps 
Shopkick- I earned over $200 in giftcards in less than two weeks scanning barcodes and walking into stores!!
Ibotta- Tons of opportunities for cash back at multiple stores and online retailers. Already snagged some freebies during my first week.
Checkout 51- Same concept as Ibotta but you can rebates for shopping at any store. New deals are loaded every Wednesday at midnight.
Shopmium- Ibotta meets Checkout 51. The app is new so it has less variety than Ibotta. Similarly to Checkout 51 it doesn't confine you to shopping at specific stores.
Cartwheel- Target's couponing app. You can layer these deals on top of any other deals & coupons. It's not perfect but I have no complaints.
Websites 
Shoprunner- I mentioned this website in my last monthly favorites and I was sad because I thought my free trial was ending on June 22nd. I completely forgot that I was going to get another free year because I used the service more than three times during my free trial...silly me
Amazon- Amazon is quickly becoming my new spot to find good deals. I placed an order and saw that they have coupons that you can "clip" at checkout now?! I also just signed up for a trial of Amazon Prime and I'm loving it of course. I just can't get enough free 2-day shipping!
Fragrances
Coach Poppy Freesia- It's a sweet fruity floral scent containing the holy trinity: bergamot, jasmine, and vanilla. See all notes here.
Accessories
Oversized Sunglasses- Cute on both the head and on the face.










No comments:

Post a Comment