Friday, May 30, 2014

Sensationail Gel Polish Starter Kit Review

I got my first gel manicure at a nail salon a few weeks ago and I was super happy with it. The manicure lasted over 2 weeks as promised and I loved how glossy my nails looked!
She used a Gelish polish and I believe this shade was "I'm Brighter Than You"

I saw a deal on the Sensationail Gel Polish Starter Kit last week and decided to give it a try

The kit includes:
-LED Lamp
-Gel base & top coat
-Color gel polish
-Gel primer
-Gel cleanser
-Lint-free wipes
-Double sided nail buffer
-Manicure stick
-Instruction sheet

My only complaint about the kit is that the LED lamp timer noise is kind of faint.

The manicure stick is a real life saver when it comes to making sure you don't have excess polish around your nail. I also really like using the lint-free wipes and the cleanser once I'm done because the top coat dries with a sticky residue. 

This is the finished look on my "good hand". I decided not to use the color that came in the kit and venture out and wear white nail polish for the first time. 

The Sephora polish was kind of thick and after a few tries I gave up on making my nails even. After two days I was tired of looking at the white nails so covered the mani with China Glaze's Pool Party.

I wanted to see if the manicure would still last as long with normal polish and the gel topcoat. Answer: NO

 Most of the time I enjoy switching up my manicures on a weekly basis and I don't want to be limited to only gel colors. Also, the removal process can be damaging to your nails. I don't see myself using this 100% of the time but it's a nice option to have. If you can find the kit on sale I'd recommend that you go for it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment