Thursday, May 22, 2014

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repair Hair Care Line Review

I bought two of the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Masks last week during ULTA's Love Your Hair Event for 50% off when they were a Daily Steal.
$32 $16

  I also got these HUGE free samples of the matching shampoo and conditioner that are about half the size of the normal product!

The masks are back to their full price now but, you can still get these free samples with a $25 Carol's Daughter purchase until the end of the event on May 31st!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*I have chemically relaxed shoulder length hair and had my last relaxer 15 days prior to using these products.

The Shampoo: I noticed that it did not lather which is a good sign to me. The product is supposed to be more natural than other shampoos and doesn't contain SLS so no lathering is to be expected. After I rinsed my hair I noticed a nice fresh tingly feeling.

The Conditioner: I enjoyed the smell of it. I left it on for about 10 minutes then rinsed it out and put on the mask.

The Mask: The first thing I noticed was the texture. The mask has a really nice whipped consistency and you can't see any oils in it like the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque that I've recently broken up with.
Carol's Daughter vs Macadamia 
 I left it on for roughly 30 minutes while I was watching tv. I used a plastic cap and towel to keep my head warm because I'm too lazy to use a dryer. After I rinsed it off I noticed that my hair actually did feel pretty soft!! My hair wasn't weighed down either. I still have nice volume without looking like a frizz ball. My hair also smells amazing which is always a plus!

I do get split ends but since I just got a trim 2 weeks ago it'll be a while before I can say whether or not these products helped with that issue. I'm glad that I bought two masks and if my split ends and breakage issues are actually lessened like the product claims I'll definitely repurchase! 

I probably won't buy the shampoo and conditioner once I'm done with the samples. They sell for $20 and $22 for 8.5 oz of product and I don't really see the value. 

**As a side note: Carol's Daughter recently filed for bankruptcy so I've been anticipating their products being discounted at major retailers. I would suggest keeping an eye out across the board for more sales to pop up in the near future.

Thanks for reading my review! 
-Brianna

2 comments:

  1. oh I see you Detective Bree, finding out which companies are going bankrupt so you can get their products hella cheap I SEE U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! O.o I can see her making a comeback like Betsey Johnson but until then I'm gonna exploit her brokeness lol

      Delete